We are booking our new event space! Weddings, birthdays, just-becauses! Contact us today for more info!
Who ya gonna call? (…chocolate makers?)
There are a lot of ghosts in this old building we are renovating, but we are ready to clean up!
With our complete demolition...
Which Sara is totally ready to do (with a little direction)
But really the biggest problem is that the ghosts aren't interested in helping out
What choice do we have?
In the process we have discovered an ancient frozen river in the basement that's probably connected to Hades
And colors from years past
But also great wood
And great light that will beam into our cafe and event space
We are ready to make it our own
We can't wait to show it to you!
The stars are aligned, the fences are up and the bricks are coming down!
It's taken a long time to get to this point, and we are very thankful we've finally gotten here. The last hangups were with final approval from the bank to complete financing (2 months of waiting and many, many presentations!) and completing all of the permitting required. We still have some layout work to do based on some feedback from the Fire Marshall, but it's nothing that's going to hold us up from going full steam ahead!
Thank you everyone immensely for your patience and support. It's been busy, busy getting ready for Christmas and also keeping up with everything required to open a new space (who knew you needed 14" deep sinks?)
We need a few weeks to get a better sense of the schedule for moving and opening, but look for us around the time the Farmer's Market opens for spring on the square in May.
Before we know it this is what our space will look like. Can’t wait to see you there!
In the mean time, come see us over at Benton Street for a drink or a coffee. We won’t be there much longer!
It took a little longer than expected to iron out the final design details at the new space, but everything is a go now and construction should start in the near future!
Right now we are projecting an open date of January and will be in our current location on Benton Street, open and operating through the holidays until the move.
We are moving! Not too far, just on the other side of the historic Woodstock Square. Join us on our journey as we take over and renovate an old, vacant 10,000 square foot building.
This new, larger building will allow us to create a space we've always dreamed about. Here are just some of the new features:
- Incubator Kitchen - rentable, dedicated commercial kitchen space for any food entrepreneur to create the next great craft food.
- Community Nights - Poetry nights, knitting nights, art gallery openings, movie screenings, local musicians, swing dancing, and a lot of other cool things! This will be a space to share passions for arts, crafts, music and literature.
- Speakeasy - An awesome 1920s throwback bar with period music and furniture- in a secret basement room.
- New Cafe - Our cafe will change and expand. We'll have more food and we'll make more great connections with the community to bring in more farm to table ingredients!
- Event Room - Looking for a great space for your next party, business meeting or celebration? We will have a dedicated space for any occasion.
- More Pairings, Flights & Secret Food Occasions - We'll have more room to host new events and we also have some special (secret) ideas up our sleeves.
- And More Chocolate! - We want to expand our chocolate production and get equipment to be able to sell to more places across the world!
This is what the building looks like now, but not for long! Follow along with our progress, here on the blog, or search #etherealonthemove on social media.